Many people will be members of their local library but not everyone is aware of the fantastic e-resources available at most library sites.
Sign up using your library card details and get access to:
- eBooks which can be read on a downloadable app (Libby). Books in the library catalogue will be clearly labelled if they are available in electronic format and can be put on hold, put on a "for later" shelf, or downloaded directly to your device. Most are available for a fortnight or more.
- Audiobooks are also available for loan.
- eMagazines. Most libraries subscribe to RBdigital which provides free access to a huge range of publications including popular women's mags, craft and hobby magazines, and many more.
- eNewspapers. Similarly, via a service called Press Reader, library members can access many newspapers and other publications from all around the world.
- Streaming movies. Many libraries provide access to movies that can be streamed to your PC or device. Search your local library website for information.
- eLearnng. Some libraries provide access to sites such as Lynda.com, where video tutorials on a huge range of subjects can be viewed online.
You can find the information on your local library website or search Overdrive to find out where you can access these services.
Please note that all the ideas on this page are personal suggestions from our members and do not represent professional advice, nor are they necessarily the views of Chirpy Plus and its owners or employees. Individual experiences may vary.